a fresh & filling way to feed a crowd
- One bag of fresh spinach
- One box of penne pasta
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- Wishbone Italian Dressing
- Brianna’s Homestyle Poppy Seed Dressing
- Pulp free orange juice or 2 fresh oranges for squeezing
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (omit as desired or sub other nut variety)
- Fresh cut pineapple and berries of your choice (strawberries & raspberries are our favorite)
- Craisins for garnish
- Feta cheese crumbles
1) Prepare penne pasta to al dente, rinse and set aside
2) Chop uncooked chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and saute in italian dressing. If time is an issue, you can dice a rotisserie chicken.
3) Rinse fresh spinach and berries of your choice. Quantity of each will be to your preference when you assemble your salad.
4) For the dressing: mix 1/2c. Brianna’s Home Style Poppy Seed Dressing with a splash of pulp free orange juice or fresh squeezed orange juice. Dressing should have just a hint of orange, taste and add accordingly.
5) In a large, low profile serving bowl, add the cooked penne and top with the fresh spinach just to cover. Top with chicken, fruit and cashews…you decide when to say when!
6) To top, add craisins and feta and then toss and serve.
7) Serve with a sliced baguette if desired.
Enjoy this salad year round, but especially during the warmer months!
~ adapted & modified from a recipe by Blender Girl ~